Enroll in our information-packed in-person RPAS Ground School to learn about the new regulations governing drone flights in Canada (effective June 1, 2019) and to prepare for your Basic or Advanced Small RPAS (sRPAS) Exam required for your drone pilot licence!
Our RPAS Ground School is Transport Canada-compliant and will cover all subject areas that are listed in Article TP15263 “Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems 250 g up to and including 25 kg, Operating within Visual Line-of-Sight (VLOS)”.
Knowledge areas include:
- Air Law, Air Traffic Rules and Procedures
- RPAS Airframe, Power Plants, Propulsion and Systems
- Human Factors
- Flight Operations
- Theory of Flight
RPAS Ground School at Roverwiz is scheduled at least once a month on four weekdays for Advanced Operations (4 x 5 hours) and at least twice a month on a Saturday and a Sunday for Basic Operations (9+5 hours).
For actual scheduled dates and for registration, please visit our Calendar page and our Eventbrite page.
Class Time, Duration, and Cost:
Basic Operations – Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 1pm-6pm, 14 hours, $279+HST.
Advanced Operations – Tuesday to Friday 1pm-6pm, 20 hours, $479+HST.
Join us at our RPAS Ground School and we will help you learn about the new drone pilot requirements. Attendance of RPAS Ground School is highly recommended by Transport Canada before attempting either the Basic or Advanced sRPAS Exam.
Flight Reviews for sRPAS Advanced Operations Certificate can be scheduled on demand after passing the Advanced sRPAS Exam. Flight reviews are conducted one-on-one on a Saturday or a Sunday. The duration is 1 hour and the cost is $199+HST. We currently offer Flight Reviews in the following cities:
- Greater Toronto Area
- Greater Montreal Area
- Greater Vancouver Area
- All ground school participants can receive 5% discount on all orders of DJI products within 24 months of ground school registration.
- Registered youth (under 18) and senior (over 65) ground school participants can bring a friend to attend ground school free of charge, thereby splitting the cost in half (i.e., Buy One Get One Free). The second participant must also be under 18 or over 65 years of age.
- Graduates of RPAS Ground School – Basic Operations are eligible for a 30% discount on registration for RPAS Ground School – Advanced Operations within 24 months of finishing their original ground school.
- Special offers can be combined. Conditions may apply. Inquire for details.